- Member of Provincial Parliament since 2004. Former City Councillor in Hamilton Ward 2
- Worked on local revitalization projects, keeping schools open, and supporting small businesses
- Widely recognized for being one of the provinces most effective leaders, received the EVE Award in 2012 for her public service
- Delivered results in two Ontario budgets: 5,000 new childcare spaces, paying down the deficit quicker, pushing for a Financial Accountability Office, and 30,000 new youth jobs
- Born and raised in Hamilton, McMaster University graduate, and proud mom to her son, Julian
Andrea grew up in Hamilton.
Her parents were immigrants. They came to Ontario from Czechoslovakia to build a better life. Their family worked hard. Her dad worked on the factory floor. Her sister, brother, and Andrea all worked through school.
The family had a mortgage, a car, and took family vacations together. They’d pack up the big green cooler and head down to the beach on Lake Erie. Andrea’s mom would stretch every dollar by cutting coupons and counting every penny.
She taught Andrea well, who paid her way through university waiting tables.
Working in Hamilton at the downtown legal aid clinic, she saw firsthand how times had changed. Making ends meet is harder for families today.
Andrea felt the call to public service because she wanted to help people. She was elected to city council in Hamilton in 1997. She did everything she could to fight for the small businesses in the ward. And it paid off. Mom and pop stores reopened and young entrepreneurs created jobs and are flourishing. The “For Rent” signs transformed into “Opening Soon” banners.
Local businesses grew with the support of the Hamilton community. Just think of what we can do across Ontario together. We can help communities thrive and create jobs by cutting small businesses taxes.
We know it will be hard work. If there is anything Andrea’s family taught her, it was that hard work will pay off. She knows people want a government that is there to create opportunity — not make life more expensive.
Andrea will lower your hydro bills by creating efficiencies and passing all of the savings back to consumers. She’ll save taxpayers money by putting an end to these Liberal scandals and waste. It’s about respecting your money and creating jobs.
It just makes sense.
Address: 20 Hughson St. S., Suite 200, Hamilton, ON. L8N 2A1