CONSTITUENCY ASSISTANT – CASEWORK/OUTREACH Teresa Armstrong MPP
Full Time – Permanent Teresa Armstrong, MPP – London-Fanshawe
Objectives: To assist the Member by completing assigned casework and outreach duties.
Responsible to Member for:
- Preparing, gathering, maintaining and compiling research material as requested by Member to aid in communicating with constituents and organizations in the constituency.
- Responding to requests for research or information from the MPP’s constituents.
- Monitor local media to ensure a strong media presence for the Member. May include preparing weekly columns, drafting op-eds, standard media releases and arranging stand-up interviews. As well, will work with the MPP and caucus communications department to develop a strong social media presence and manage online social media to increase MPP’s visual identity; and assist with outreach and engagement to help promote awareness of the MPP in the riding.
- Keeping informed in all policy areas assigned by Member and liaising with interest groups within the constituency.
- Dealing with enquiries and solving problems and advocating for constituents (case work). Contacting and responding to constituents by telephone, writing, and in person. Contacting senior government personnel, officials from outside organizations, land ocal government.
- Preparing all documentation related to casework.
- Travel throughout the Riding to perform outreach, casework and event planning and other duties as assigned by the Member.
Knowledge, appropriate to the position, of the NDP and/or the Canadian labour movement, Canadian Government, Ontario government and public affairs. Ability to write articles and reports, to meet deadlines, produce accurate work and maintain organized records. Knowledge of certain fields assigned. Ability to understand and prepare cases and to advocate effectively on behalf of the Member’s constituents. Excellent Computer skills. Familiarity with Member’s constituency and key stakeholder groups in the region essential. Experience in NDP organizations, Ontario Government and election campaigns would be an asset. Proficiency in social media required. Second language skills preferred.
The NDP Caucus is an equal opportunity employer. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Applications to Human Resources Coordinator NDP Caucus, email@example.com, Fax, 416-325-2266.