CONSTITUENCY ASSISTANT - OUTREACH/CASEWORK Full-Time Permanent Gilles Bisson, MPP – Timmins James Bay
Internal applicants only until Jan 25, 2017
Gilles Bisson, MPP – Timmins James Bay
Objectives: To assist the Member by completing assigned casework and outreach duties.
Responsible to Member for:
- Dealing with enquiries, solving problems and advocating for constituents (case work). Contacting and responding to constituents by telephone, writing, and in person. Contacting senior government personnel, officials from outside organizations, local government, the media, etc. to assist with casework and Member requests.
- Preparing, gathering, maintaining and compiling research material as requested by Member to to facilitate communication (print and electronic) with constituents and organizations in the riding.
- Preparing correspondence in both official languages for Member, including but not limited to correspondence to Ministers of the Crown & other entities, developing riding newsletters and media columns, assist with outreach and engagement to help promote awareness of Member in the riding.
- Monitor local media and ensure that Member’s visibility wtihin the riding is reflected in traditional as well as new (social) media.
- Keeping informed in all policy areas assigned by Member and liaising with interest groups within the constituency.
- Developing, maintaining, and managing online records and ensuring that casework intake is reflected via electronic database.
- Preparing all documentation related to casework.
- Travel throughout the Riding to perform outreach, casework and event planning and other duties as assigned by the Member.
- Knowledge of the NDP and the Canadian labour movement, Canadian government, Ontario government and public affairs.
- Ability to write articles and reports, to meet deadlines, produce accurate work and maintain organized records.
- Ability to understand and prepare cases and to advocate effectively on behalf of the Member’s constituents.
- Excellent computer skills required including Twitter, Facebook, Mailchimp.
- Familiarity with Member’s constituency and key local stakeholder groups is essential.
- Experience in NDP organizations and community organizing is an asset.
- Knowledge and existing rapport with local riding and community members is preferred.
- Bilingual – French English Language oral and written proficiency essential.
The NDP Caucus is an equal opportunity employer. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Accommodations for job applicants with disabilities are available on request.
Applications to Human Resources Coordinator, NDP Caucus Services, Room 113, Queen’s Park, Toronto, ON M7A 1A5, or email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Fax: 416-325-2266.