CONSTITUENCY ASSISTANT - OUTREACH/CASEWORK (Part Time) Sarah Campbell MPP Kenora-Rainy River
PART-TIME PERMANENT– (Tuesday and Thursday 1pm to 5pm) Sarah Campbell MPP – KENORA-RAINY RIVER
Location: Kenora Office
To assist the Member by completing assigned communications, casework and outreach duties for Kenora and the sorrounding communities.
Responsible to Member for:
- Staffing Kenora Office two days per week for four hours each day.
- Dealing with enquiries and solving problems and advocating for constituents (case work). Contacting and responding to constituents by telephone, writing, and in person. Contacting senior government personnel, officials from outside organizations, and local government on behalf of constituents.
- Responding to requests for research or information from the Member’s constituents.
- Assist with outreach and community events to help promote awareness of Member in the riding.
- Keeping informed and liaising with interest groups within Kenora and sorrounding communities and ensuring Member is advised of key local concerns
- Travel throughout the Riding to perform outreach, casework and event planning duties and other duties as assigned by the Member.
- Knowledge of Northern issues and issues related t the Member’s critic portfolio as asset.
- Must have excellent writing skills. Good computer and office organization skills.
- Ability to understand and prepare cases and to advocate effectively on behalf of the Member’s constituents.
- Familiarity with Member’s constituency, particularly the Kenora community, and key stakeholder groups in the region essential.
- Experience in NDP organizations, Ontario Government and election campaigns would be an asset.
Until June 16, only internal applicants will be considered. The Ontario NDP Caucus is an equal opportunity employer. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applications to: Human Resources, Room 113, NDP Caucus Services, Queen’s Park, Toronto, ON M7A 1A5, email: firstname.lastname@example.org Fax: 416-325-2266.