By participating in this contest you declare that you have read the contest rules below and that you accept and agree to the terms and conditions herein.
NO PURCHASE, PAYMENT, OR FINANCIAL CONTRIBUTION OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS PROMOTION.
1. CONTEST PERIOD
The “Lunch with the Leader” contest (hereinafter referred to as the “Contest”) is held by Ontario New Democratic Party (hereinafter referred to as the “Contest Organizers”). The Contest starts on May 26, 2014 at 10:45am and ends on June 1, 2014 at 6:00pm (hereinafter referred to as the “Contest Period”).
The Contest is open to all Ontario residents who have reached the age of majority in the province of Ontario at the time the entry form was submitted.
3. HOW TO ENTER
There are two methods to enter:
- Make a donation of $25 or more to the Ontario NDP Lunch with Andrea campaign
- No donation necessary. To participate in the Contest and under this category go to Ontariondp.com/contest during the Contest Period and follow the on-screen instructions and complete the contest entry form
By click on submit you agree that you have read, agreed and complied with the Contest Rules.
One (1) entry per person for the duration of the contest period Contest Period;
4. THE PRIZE
Entrants are eligible to win the a lunch with Ontario NDP Leader Andrea Horwath an approximate value of $50.00. Transportation to the lunch is included
The following conditions apply to the Prize: (i) the Prize must be accepted as awarded and is not transferable, assignable or convertible to cash and (ii) the winner must contact the Ontario NDP to reserve train tickets, upon availabilities; (iii) any incidentals not expressly mentioned above are at the expense of the Prize winner.
The eligible Contest winner will be randomly selected in an electronic draw from all the eligible entries received during the Contest Period on June 1, 2014 at approximately 9:00 p.m (EDT) at the Ontario NDP HQ located at 101 Richmond Street East, Toronto ON M5A 4E9
The odds of winning the Prize. The odds of an entrant’s entry being selected depend on the number of eligible Entry Forms received during the Contest Period.
6. AWARDING OF PRIZES
To be declared the winner, the selected entrant must:
- be reached by telephone by the Contest Organizers or their representatives within three (3) days of the date of the draw. The selected Entrant must reply in accordance with the instructions given in the e-mail. Return of an e-mail prize notification as undeliverable will result in disqualification and selection of an alternate Entrant;
- have completed and signed the Declaration and Release Form (the “Declaration”) that the Contest Organizers will provide by e-mail to the effect that he/she has fulfilled all the requirements of these Contest Rules and return it to the Contest Organizers by the deadline mentioned in the Declaration;
- have correctly answered the mathematical skill-testing question in the Declaration; and
- upon request and before the deadline provided in the Declaration, provide either an identification card with photo or a passport for the Entrant.
- Failure to comply with one of the conditions mentioned in these Contest Rules or to accept the Prize will cause the selected Entrant to be disqualified. In such case, the Contest Organizers may, at their sole discretion, cancel the Prize or hold a new draw until an Entrant is selected and declared a winner.
- Within seven (7) days following the receipt of the duly completed and signed Declaration, and subject to the conditions set out above, the Contest Organizers will contact the winner to schedule the “Lunch with the Leader” prize.
7. GENERAL CONDITIONS
- Verification. Entry Forms and the Declaration are subject to verification by the Contest Organizers. Any Entry Form or Declaration that is incomplete, illegible, mutilated, fraudulent, registered or submitted late, bearing an invalid e-mail or mailing address, or otherwise noncompliant shall be rejected and will not entitle the Entrant to an entry or to the Prize, as the case may be.
- Disqualification. The Contest Organizers reserve the right to disqualify a person or to cancel one or several entries of a person who participates or tries to participate in this Contest by using methods that do not comply with these Contest Rules or that are unfair to other Entrants (e.g. entries exceeding the authorized limit). Such person may be reported to the appropriate legal authorities.
- Liability limit: use of the Prize. By entering the Contest, the Entrant selected for the Prize releases and holds harmless the Contest Organizers, any company, corporation, trust or other legal entity controlled by or affiliated to them, their advertising and promotional agencies and their respective employees, agents and representatives (the “Released Parties”) from and against any damage resulting from the acceptance or use of the Prize.
- System of entry. The Contest Organizers do not warrant that access to the Entry Form to enter the Contest will be uninterrupted during the Contest Period or error-free.
- Prize limit. In no event shall the Contest Organizers be required to award more prizes than indicated in these Contest Rules or to award a prize other than in compliance with these Contest Rules.
- Authorization. By entering this Contest, the Entrant selected for the Prize authorizes the Contest Organizers and their representatives to use, if required, his/her name, photo, voice, place of residence and/or statement regarding the Prize for publicity purposes, without any form of compensation.
- Personal information. Entrants’ personal information collected for the purposes of the Contest will only be used to administer the Contest. No commercial or other communications unrelated to the Contest will be sent to Entrants unless they have otherwise agreed to receive such communications.
- Copyright or trade-mark. The use or reproduction of any copyright material or trade-mark related to this Contest is strictly prohibited, except with the prior express written consent of the rights’ owner.
- Discrepancy. In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the terms and conditions of these English Rules and disclosures or other statements contained in any Contest-related materials, including, but not limited to: French version of these Rules, and/or point of sale, television, print or online advertising; the terms and conditions of these English Rules shall prevail, govern and control.
- Property. The Declaration is the property of the Contest Organizers and shall not in any case be returned to the Entrant.