Bilingual Correspondence Officer - Queen's Park
To assist the Leader’s Secretariat and Caucus with the tracking, drafting, and researching of Leader’s correspondence and speaking materials.
- On behalf of the Leader’s Secretariat and Caucus preparation of high-quality, accurate, proof-read correspondence to constituents and members of the public, stakeholder groups, community groups, and government officials.
- Working closely with other departments - Communications, Research and Legislative Affairs – to ensure drafted correspondence is appropriate and in line with NDP policy and the message box of the day.
- Having key correspondence reviewed and approved by relevant departments, on behalf of the Leader’s Secretariat.
- Assisting with responses to event invitations for the Leader, as required.
- Manage and respond to day-to-day inquiries from the public, staff, and MPPs directly. Where necessary, triage correspondence with Caucus Service staff to ensure that inquiries are directed to appropriate staff and responded to in a timely fashion.
- Electronically track inquiries from the public to the Leader’s Office and advise the Director as to current trends and controversial issues.
- Assist with the organization and triaging of the Leader’s Queen’s Park inboxes.
- Assist with the organization of a centralized correspondence database that can be used by Caucus staff and Members’ offices.
- Contacting constituents and the general public as required by email, written correspondence, telephone, or in person.
Electronically track inquiries from the public to the Leader’s Office and advise the Director as to current trends and controversial issues.
- Remain informed of NDP policy and the Caucus’ position on topics of current interest and concern
- Performing specialized research at the Director’s request
- Making inquiries and collecting information in connection with correspondence received by the Leader’s Office
- Liaising with Critic Offices and other Caucus staff to pro-actively determine appropriate follow-up correspondence.
Speaking Notes and Event Material Preparation
- Working with the communications team to draft and prepare speaking materials as required for the Leader’s Tours
- Complete fluency in both English and French
- Knowledge appropriate to the position of the NDP and/or Canadian Labour movement, and of the Ontario Government and public affairs
- Background in communications, copy-editing, journalism, marketing a strong asset
- Excellent communication skills and exceptional writing skills
- Ability to work with the public
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to work under pressure and with tight deadlines
- Ability to conduct research
- Good political judgment and discretion is essential
- Proven experience working with confidential information is an asset
- Strong office organization skills and attention to detail are essential
- Excellent computer skills including electronic list management and record-keeping
- Experience in the Labour movement or NDP organization and election campaigns is an asset
- Familiarity with equity, anti-racism and anti-oppression policy frameworks
Application Guidelines and Procedure:
The NDP Caucus is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodations for job applicants with disabilities are available on request.
Please apply on this link: https://ndp.bamboohr.com/careers/230
Thank you for your application. Please note that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.