Toronto, ON - Field Phone Bank Coordinator
The Ontario New Democratic Party seeks an energetic, organized and results-oriented individual to fill the full-time contract position of Field Phone Bank Coordinator as part of the Ontario NDP Field Team for the pre-election and election period.
Under the supervision of the Provincial Secretary and reporting to the Director of Field, this position is tasked with setting-up the office and infrastructure for regional phone banks, recruiting and training staff and volunteers for voter contact outreach.
- Work with the Field Director and other members of the field team to identify and set-up office space for regional phone banks
- Arrange the necessary technical requirements and infrastructure for a phone bank office
- Work with Data Management team to ensure all technical requirements are met for data base tracking of phone
bank voter contact outreach
- Recruit, train, and administer staff for the phone bank
- Responsible for all the Human resource requirements for phone bank staff including employment forms and weekly timesheets
- Coordinate the day to day operation of the phone bank strategy and schedules
- Meet the individual and team targets set out for the Field team with respect to voter contact outreach
- Handle sensitive and confidential information
- Maintain up to date records regarding contacts
- Provide regular reports to the Field Team about phone bank progress
- Other duties as required
- Experience in setting up infrastructure for a campaign office
- Experience with phone bank technology (Call Hub experience is an asset)
- Ability to encourage, motivate and work well with volunteers
- Demonstrated skill and experience in recruiting, building, training and managing a team
- Knowledge of the policies, practices and structures of the Ontario NDP
- Excellent judgement, a polite, engaging and enthusiastic manner
- Strong organizational, communication and problem-solving skills and the ability to work under pressure and with hard deadlines
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team dynamic
- Ability to take direction and initiative as appropriate
- Willingness to work irregular hours, including evenings and weekends
- A driver’s license essential
- Fluency in other languages preferred
This position is as per the Collective Agreement Article 5.01 (b) and Class 3 of the Collective Agreement.
Send application to
Applications (including resume, cover letter and at least 3 relevant references) should be sent by e-mail to the attention of Karla Webber-Gallagher, Provincial Secretary email@example.com. Please include the job title Field Phone Bank Co- ordinator in the subject line.
Only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Ontario NDP supports employment equity. Racialized workers, women, Aboriginal workers, LGBTQTS workers, young workers, Francophone workers, and workers with disabilities are encouraged to apply.