A plan for climate, jobs, and hope.
Andrea Horwath and the NDP are building a plan to make Ontario net-zero, and carbon neutral.
If we do it right, we’ll create millions of jobs and billions of dollars in economic activity.
And we’re not going to let anyone tell us this can’t be done, or we can’t afford it. Because we can’t afford not to. The next generation can’t afford for us to give up hope.
Together, we’re committed to:
- Make Ontario net-zero by 2050, starting by cutting emissions at least 50 per cent by 2030
- Create more than a million new jobs
- Add billions of dollars to Ontario's economy
- Embark on the largest building retrofit program in the world
- Provide homeowners with rebates and interest free loans for renovations to move towards net-zero emissions homes
- Deliver a job-training guarantee