LEADER’S SECRETARIAT SCHEDULER – CAUCUS ASSISTANT NDP CAUCUS SERVICES FULL TIME, PERMANENT (6 Month Probation)
To assist the Leader and Caucus Members in carrying out their public, parliamentary, party and caucus responsibilities by performing scheduling and administrative duties for the Leader’s Secretariat and providing event support to Tour Officers and the Director of the Leader’s Secretariat.
To work collaboratively with Secretariat staff, Outreach, Community Development, Communications and Stakeholder Relations to facilitate the scheduling and participation of the Leader and/or Caucus members in events in a manner that is reflective of the policies and messaging of the Caucus.
Responsible to the Director of Leader’s Secretariat:
- Scheduling assignments as required with key internal and external stakeholders and ensuring the effective administration of the Leader’s Secretariat office.
- Ensuring a centralized calendar is regularly updated, organized, detailed, and shared with relevant departments.
- Triaging communications addressed to the Leader’s Office and coordinating with relevant Secretariat staff and Caucus departments to ensure timely follow up
- Working within timelines and priorities for scheduling, tour events and projects, as set by the Director of the Leader’s Secretariat
- Assisting Tour Officers in the scheduling, administration and coordination of outreach and media events
- Providing the Leader and Caucus with staffing support as required at events.
- Preparation of Leader’s Tour materials as required
- Corresponding, on behalf of the Leader’s Secretariat and Caucus, with constituents, members of the public, stakeholder groups, community groups and government officials, in a manner that is accurate, professional and within the message box of the day.
- Developing and maintaining positive relationships with stakeholders, local community organizations, ethnocultural and racialized community groups on behalf of the Leader’s Secretariat
- Other related duties as assigned
- Superior organizational and administrative skills essential
- Detail oriented and ability to produce accurate and effective work according to tight deadlines, and maintain organized records
- Experience in events management/media event planning an asset
- At least one year of recent experience in administration, outreach, communications and public relations.
- Knowledge appropriate to the position, of the Ontario NDP Caucus, the Ontario government and the working of the Legislature
- Strong political judgment and discretion
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, ability to work with the public, ability to work under pressure
- Ability to problem solve and pursue new angles and political opportunities in a timely fashion
- Proven ability to work well with minimal supervision and collaboratively in team settings
- Availability to travel and work irregular hours including weekends is essential
- Experience in NDP organizations, ethnocultural organizations or labour organizations would be an asset.
Send application to
The NDP Caucus is an equal opportunity employer. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Accommodations for job applicants with disabilities are available on request.
Applications to Human Resources Coordinator NDP Caucus, email@example.com