CONSTITUENCY ASSISTANT – OUTREACH MPP Bhutila Karpoche, Parkdale-High Park Part-time Permanent 19.5 hours (with a three month probation)
To assist the Member by completing assigned outreach duties (and casework as needed).
Responsible to Member for:
- Assisting with outreach and engagement to help promote awareness of the MPP in the riding.
- Travelling throughout the riding to perform outreach as assigned by the member including: event planning, speaking engagements, attending events on behalf of the Member.
- Developing and maintaining relationships with constituents and local stakeholders including community organizations.
- Keeping informed in all policy areas assigned by Member and liaising with interest groups within the constituency.
- Preparing, gathering, maintaining and compiling research material as requested by Member to aid in communicating with constituents and organizations in the constituency.
- Monitor local media to ensure a strong media presence for the Member. May include preparing weekly columns, drafting op-eds, standard media releases and arranging stand-up interviews. As well, work with the MPP and caucus communications department to develop a strong social media presence and manage online social media to increase MPP’s visual identity.
- Responding to requests for research or information from the MPP’s constituents.
- Developing, maintaining, and managing online records and ensuring that casework intake is reflected via electronic database.
- Other related duties as assigned by the Member
- Knowledge of the NDP and the Canadian labour movement, Canadian government, Ontario government and public affairs.
- Ability to write articles and reports, to meet deadlines, produce accurate work and maintain organized records including Member’s schedule. Strong time management skills are esential.
- Excellent computer skills required including Twitter, Facebook, Mailchimp.
- Familiarity with Member’s constituency and key local stakeholder groups is essential.
- Experience in NDP organizations and election campaigns would be an asset.
- Proficiency in social media an asset.
- Willing to work some evenings and weekends.
- Second language (Tibetan) essential.
- Event Management skills preferred.
Send application to
The NDP Caucus is an equal opportunity employer. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Accommodations for job applicants with disabilities are available on request.
Applications to Human Resources Coordinator NDP Caucus, firstname.lastname@example.org, Fax, 416-325-2266.