Communications Officer – Videography/Photography Specialty Full-time Permanent (6 months probation) Ontario NDP Caucus Toronto
To assist the Leader and Caucus in carrying out their public, parliamentary, party and caucus responsibilities by implementing public relations strategies based on strategic themes and priorities.
To assist the Leader and MPPs to deliver the NDP message across the province through digital media.
To craft and produce video and photographic media content for use online and in material and promotional content in all its forms at the direction of the Director of Communications.
RESPONSIBLE TO THE DIRECTOR OF COMMUNICATIONS TO:
- Work closely with the Communication’s and Leader’s Tour team to ensure high quality, creative, inspiring media content to promote the Leader and Caucus priorities
- Work with our Digital team to create, develop and coordinate website and video content to execute our digital strategy
- Co-ordinate work with the other media relations, communications, outreach, and Leader’s Tour staff to produce promotional content through video and photography
- Work with the Digital Producer and Leader’s secretariat to prepare a calendared program of social media content for the Leader
- Ability to determine, create and select great and inspiring images, video and other multi-media content that is relevant to our audiences
- Responsible for producing highly engaging and shareable video content for website, youtube, facebook, facebook live Instagram, Snapchat, twitter, and other emerging platforms
- In consultation with the Director of Communications, implementing our video creation strategy
- Provide advice on Caucus video content to ensure quality control
- Responsible for all aspects of video and photographic content including set up, video and photographic equipment, production shoots, editing, review process to produce final versions of any materials required
- Responsible for maintaining all equipment in proper working order
- Set, communicate and maintain timelines and priorities on every project
- Work with the Communications team to create and integrate digital campaigns and content into broader outreach campaigns.
- Other related duties as assigned
- Extensive, recent experience as a videographer, photographer, digital or film producer
- Experience in all aspects of visual media and web content production, from pre- to post production including Video editing, digital imaging, photography, photo editing, storytelling using film and graphics
- Bachelor degree, preferably in the Arts, Film Media Study, Photography, Communications or other related field.
- At least 4 years of video experience, including conceptualization, storyboarding, shooting, co-writing, editing and directing
- Highly proficient in current Adobe Creative Suite programs, primarily Premiere Pro, Photoshop, After Effects, Illustrator) and or Final Cut Pro, Mac and PC literate with advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
- Proficiency working with Camera equipment such as Canon C300 MKII, Canon DSLR 5D, Mark IV various canon lenses
- Solid understanding of equipment used for audio, editing, lighting, recording and sound is essential
- Ability to manage multiple projects and prioritize work in a fast-paced environment and turn productions around within tight timelines while maintaining a high level of quality
- Ability to create, stage and or produce professional quality visuals using video, motion graphics, photography and B-roll footage
- Maintain a substantial set of equipment assets, both hardware and software
- Responsible for storing and cataloging digital files
- Demonstrated experience with content management systems as well as photoshop, video editing software, extensive experience operating technical equipment
- Extensive experience creating, commissioning, editing video
- An extensive photographic portfolio particularly dealing with live subjects in action.
- Knowledge, appropriate to the position, of the NDP, the Ontario government and the workings of the Legislature
- Experience and knowledge in communications planning, marketing, and
- public relations an asset
- Proven ability to work in a team environment
- Proven ability to manage a variety of issues and projects simultaneously
- Excellent political judgment and the ability to perceive and pursue news angles and political opportunities in the daily flood of information
- Proven ability to work energetically, with minimal supervision, to produce accurate and effective work according to deadlines, and maintain organized records
- Proven ability to produce accurate, quality work under pressure
- Willingness to work irregular hours, including weekends, and to travel as required
- Experience in the labour movement or NDP organization, as well as election campaigns, would be an asset
- Second language skills would be an asset
- Familiarity with equity, anti-racism and anti-oppression policy frameworks
Send application to
The NDP Caucus is an equal opportunity employer. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Accommodations for job applicants with disabilities are available on request.
Applications to Human Resources Co-coordinator NDP Caucus, email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Fax: 416-325-2266.