OUTREACH OFFICER, Temporary Maternity Leave (until return to work date, or March 2020 whichever comes first) NDP CAUCUS SERVICES Toronto
To assist the Leader and Caucus Members in carrying out their public, parliamentary, party and caucus responsibilities by providing advice and information on strategic issues of concern.
The Outreach Officer will work closely with Research and Tour ensuring full co-ordination between the departments to successfully communicate the policies and priorities of Caucus.
Responsible to the Director of Outreach:
- Maintain contact with and become thoroughly knowledgeable about MPP constituencies, community organizations, and issues through regular gathering of research from media, community, MPPs and staff and other sources.
- Develop, maintain and monitor files on government programs, MPP constituencies and local organizations on their concerns, general issues, events, and other matters of importance.
- Liaise with constituency and legislative staff of MPPs and riding organizations across the province, to ensure a coordinated approach to communications and community outreach and tour opportunities.
- Providing information and political analysis and advice to MPPs and Director of Outreach.
- Generating ideas for effective, targeted political action to advance Caucus strategic goals.
- Preparing a variety of reports, presentations, briefings, analysis specific to research for various audiences.
- Other related duties as required.
- Knowledge appropriate to the position, of the Ontario NDP Caucus, the Ontario government and the working of the Legislature
- At least one year of recent experience in research, outreach and public relations
- Previous experience working in an MPP’s constituency office or an MPP’s Queen’s Park office would be considered an asset
- Proficiency in major social media platforms essential
- Strong political judgment and the ability to perceive and purse new angles and political opportunities in the daily flood of information
- Ability to write succinctly and quickly
- Proven ability to work energetically without supervision, provide leadership skills, produce accurate and effective work according to tight deadlines, and maintain organized records
- Familiarity with equity, anti-racism and anti-oppression policy frameworks
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, ability to work with the public, ability to work under pressure, excellent computer, data management and office organization skills
- Willingness to work irregular hours including weekends and to travel
Send application to
The NDP Caucus is an equal opportunity employer. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Accommodations for job applicants with disabilities are available on request.
Applications to Human Resources Coordinator NDP Caucus, firstname.lastname@example.org Fax, 416-325-2266.