DIGITAL OUTREACH SPECIALIST
Full Time/One-Year Contract (Parental Leave)
Are you dedicated to progressive change and have experience working on online campaigns? This is an opportunity to gain experience on the cutting edge of digital organizing with the Ontario NDP as we prepare to win an election in 2022. We are looking for an energetic, organized and results-oriented individual to play a key role on the Digital Team as we identify new support, raise funds, and engage more and more Ontarians in the run-up to the next election. The Digital outreach Specialist will report to the Head of Engagement and be responsible for planning and executing several key digital roles, including email, social media, and website content.
- Write, design and edit engaging content for web, email, social media, video and other digital platforms.
- Develop, calendar and write fundraising, engagement and mobilization emails and social media posts.
- Ensure all materials fit within the ONDP’s brand, voice and message framing.
- Vary the language and tone of the message based on audience and channel.
- Collaborate with digital team members to ensure the development of compelling products in collaborative work.
- Analyze and report on the results of digital campaigns.
- Work with the Digital Team to provide a calendared program of social media content for the pre-election and election period.
- Collaborate with other departments including but not exclusively the Communications Team and the Field Team to implement digital, fundraising and organizational campaign readiness objectives.
- Contribute to and execute social media strategies for Facebook, Twitter and Instagram; working closely with the team to establish target audiences, objectives and KPIs.
- Create relevant, original high-quality content for social media channels.
- Identify opportunities for paid promotion and strategic ad buys.
- Provide regular reporting on social analytics and paid campaign results.
- Work with the digital team to create integrated digital campaigns and content.
- Monitor the social media landscape for innovations and trends which may represent new opportunities.
- Providing SEO-friendly content for blogs and website when required.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Experience in a leadership role on digital campaigns.
- Experience with targeting and segmenting digital communication.
- Experience with the NDP, labour or progressive organizations campaigns.
- Expertise using Blue State Digital.
- Technical and creative graphic design skills using Photoshop, Illustrator or a comparable tool.
- Demonstrated experience managing a content calendar.
- Exceptional written communication skills - and a unique and personal writing style.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and organizational skills.
- Detail-oriented with good time management skills.
- Ability to prioritize in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to multi-task / change task on short notice.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Willingness to work long and irregular hours in a fast-paced campaign environment.
Terms of Employment
The position is covered by the COPE 343 Collective Agreement and falls under the Tier 5 category. The salary for this position is between $66,091 and $70,691 based on experience. The ONDP has an office at 2069 Lakeshore Blvd West, but some of this work will be remote for a period of time due to COVID-19.
Application Guidelines & Procedure
The ONDP actively promotes employment equity. Women, Black, Indigenous, and people of colour, persons with disabilities, 2SLGBTQI+, and anyone from equity seeking groups are strongly encouraged to apply for this position. If you are a member of an equity-seeking group, you may choose to identify as such in your application.
We are committed to an environment that is barrier free. If you require accommodation at any stage during the hiring process, please do not hesitate to contact Danielle Ouellette at email@example.com to arrange appropriate accommodation.
Applications should include a cover letter clearly outlining relevant experience, along with a resume and relevant references, and should be sent by email to the attention of Oliver Paré, Head of Engagement at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the job title in the subject line. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Application deadline for applicants: 5:00 pm (EST) Friday, April 16th, 2021.