Toronto, ON - Pre-election Graphic Designer
The Ontario New Democratic Party seeks an experienced Graphic Designer to play a central role in the Ontario NDP's digital program as we prepare for the 2018 Ontario provincial election.
Under the supervision of the Provincial Secretary and reporting to the Digital Director, this position is responsible for driving the Ontario's NDP creative vision and brand online. The candidate will work in a dynamic and fast-paced environment to produce innovative and engaging deliverables that elevate and differentiate the Party.
- Support all aspects of the Digital Department's work in the course of multi-platform digital campaigns.
- Collaborate with other departments including but not exclusively the Fundraising Team and the Field Team to implement digital, fundraising and organizational campaign readiness objectives.
- Design effective and on-brand artwork for various communication materials, including packaging, print collateral, digital collateral, ads and direct mail.
- Aid in the development and implementation of Party brand standards to ensure materials follow appropriate professional and internal brand guidelines
- Collaborate on integrated campaigns to develop compelling visual concepts, tools, templates and products in various mediums.
- Other duties as required
Qualifications - Technical
- Proven experience working within established identity standards
- Ability to work under pressure in a creative team environment, managing tight deadlines and competing priorities in a demanding and fast-paced environment
- Exceptional knowledge of Mac platform and Adobe Creative Cloud (Photoshop; Illustrator; InDesign; etc.) required
- Strong design portfolio
- Sound knowledge of Canadian politics, the NDP and current affairs
- Strong organizational skills, communication skills and sound political judgement
- Experience with project management software (i.e. Asana) an asset
- Familiarity with programming languages (HTML and CSS) an asset
- Willingness to work long and irregular hours in a fast-paced campaign environment
- Experience with political campaigns or political organizing an asset
- A driver’s license an asset
- Fluency in other languages preferred
This position is as per the Collective Agreement Article 5.01 (b) and Class 3 as per the salary grid of the Collective Agreement.
The Ontario NDP supports employment equity. Racialized workers, women, Aboriginal workers, LGBTQTS workers, young workers, Francophone workers, and workers with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Applications (including resume, cover letter and at least 3 relevant references) should be sent by e-mail to the attention of Karla Webber-Gallagher, Provincial Secretary email@example.com. Please include the job title Pre-election Graphic Designer in the subject line.
Only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.