Social Media Specialist
Ontario's New Democrats are seeking a creative, social media-savvy trailblazer who is ready to join forces with Marit Stiles and the Ontario NDP to make a lasting impact on our province!
Are you an expert in crafting eye-catching content and posts that naturally engage audiences? Have you experienced the adrenaline rush of having your ideas gain thousands of likes and shares? Are you eager to harness your outstanding social media skills to help us transform Ontario and champion our progressive values? If so, then this is the role for you!
- Design and execute innovative social media content and strategies for digital platforms that captivate audiences and drive engagement
- Partner with the digital team to create compelling social media copy for the Ontario NDP
- Plan, schedule, and launch strong social media campaigns under the guidance and supervision of the Director
- Ensure social media content aligns with acquisition efforts, coordinating acquisition efforts with mobilization and fundraising programs
- Collaborate with team members to develop captivating products through joint efforts
- Monitor the social media landscape for innovations and trends, proactively proposing suggestions and escalating issues to the Director
- Stay informed about the social media and political landscape of Ontario and progressive politics
- Analyze, optimize, and report on social media analytics and digital campaigns
- Contribute to and help execute social media strategies for Facebook, Twitter, Reddit, and Instagram; team up with colleagues to establish target audiences, objectives, and KPIs
- Craft and implement strategies to boost follower count and amplify online presence across various social media platforms
- Broaden your skillset across diverse digital areas, such as email writing, digital mobilization, and more
- Other duties as assigned
- Relevant experience in social media content creation for a leading political party, including experience in the labour movement or other progressive causes
- Proven experience using and managing a content calendar
- Experience with photography, video clipping, and editing
- Comprehensive understanding of the broader social media environment and platforms
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of social media trends, either through personal or professional social media presence
- Ability to create engaging content that fosters growth on social media platforms and supports SEO efforts
- Exceptional written communication and copy-editing skills
- Excellent political judgement and trustworthiness
- Capacity to work in a fast-paced, high-pressure work environment where attention to detail is paramount
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Knowledgeable and passionate about social issues and/or the Ontario NDP
- Proficiency in French and any additional language is an asset
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT
The position is covered by the COPE 343 Collective Agreement and falls under the Tier 5 category. The salary for this position is between $57,146 and $61,990 based on experience.
APPLICATION GUIDELINES & PROCEDURE
Applications should include a cover letter clearly outlining relevant experience, along with a resume and relevant references, and should be sent by e-mail to the attention of Qudus Abusaleh, Digital Director at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the job title in the subject line.
The ONDP actively promotes employment equity. Women, Black, Indigenous, and people of colour, persons with disabilities, 2SLGBTQI+, and anyone from equity seeking groups are strongly encouraged to apply for this position and qualified applicants from these groups will be given preference. If you are a member of an equity-seeking group, you may choose to identify as such in your application.
We are committed to an environment that is barrier free. If you require accommodation at any stage during the hiring process, please include your request in your application.
Application deadline for external applicants: 5:00 pm (EST) on June 2, 2023.
While we appreciate and thank everyone who submits applications, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.