Constituency Assistant - Outreach/Casework Sarah Campbell MPP – Kenora-Rainy River
To assist the Member by completing assigned communications, casework and outreach duties for Kenora and the sorrounding communities.
PART-TIME PERMANENT - (Tuesday and Thursday 1pm to 5pm)
Sarah Campbell MPP – KENORA-RAINY RIVER
Sioux Lookout Office
Sioux Lookout, ON
- Staffing Sioux Lookout Office two days per week for four hours each day.
- Dealing with enquiries and solving problems and advocating for constituents (case work). Contacting and responding to constituents by telephone, writing, and in person.
- Contacting senior government personnel, officials from outside organizations, and local government on behalf of constituents.
- Responding to requests for research or information from the Member’s constituents.
- Assist with outreach and community events to help promote awareness of Member in the riding.
- Liaising with First Nations communities and keeping Member advised of key local concerns.
- Travel throughout the Riding to perform outreach, casework and event planning duties and other duties as assigned by the Member.
- Knowledge of Northern issues and issues related to the Member’s critic portfolio an asset.
- Must have excellent writing skills. Good computer and office organization skills.
- Ability to understand and prepare cases and to advocate effectively on behalf of the Member’s constituents.
- Familiarity with Member’s constituency, particularly community links with First Nations communities, in the region essential.
- Experience in First Nations organizations and election campaigns would be an asset.
Send application to
Human Resources, Room 113, NDP Caucus Services, Queen’s Park, Toronto, ON M7A 1A5, email: email@example.com Fax: 416-325-2266.
The Ontario NDP Caucus is an equal opportunity employer. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.