Digital Outreach Specialist - Permanent, Full-Time
The New Democratic Party of Ontario is seeking an experienced digital campaigner with a passion for progressive politics and online communications to play a central role in the Ontario NDP’s digital program. The Digital outreach Specialist will report to the Head of Engagement and be responsible for planning and executing several key digital roles, including email, social media, and website content.
- Write, design and edit engaging content for web, email, social media, video and other digital platforms.
- Develop, calendar and write fundraising, engagement and mobilization emails and social media posts.
- Ensure all materials fit within the ONDP’s brand, voice and message framing.
- Vary the language and tone of the message based on audience and channel.
- Collaborate with digital team members to ensure the development of compelling products in collaborative work.
- Analyze and report on the results of digital campaigns.
- Work with the Digital Team to provide a calendared program of social media content for the pre-election and election period.
- Collaborate with other departments including but not exclusively the Communications Team and the Field Team to implement digital, fundraising and organizational campaign readiness objectives.
- Contribute to and execute social media strategies for Facebook, Twitter and Instagram; working closely with the team to establish target audiences, objectives and KPIs.
- Create relevant, original high-quality content for social media channels.
- Identify opportunities for paid promotion and strategic ad buys.
- Provide regular reporting on social analytics and paid campaign results.
- Work with the digital team to create integrated digital campaigns and content.
- Monitor the social media landscape for innovations and trends which may represent new opportunities.
- Providing SEO-friendly content for blogs and website when required.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Experience in a leadership role on digital campaigns.
- Experience with targeting and segmenting digital communication.
- Experience with the NDP, labour or progressive organizations campaigns.
- Expertise using Blue State Digital.
- Technical and creative graphic design skills using Photoshop, Illustrator or a comparable tool.
- Demonstrated experience managing a content calendar.
- Exceptional written communication skills - and a unique and personal writing style.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and organizational skills.
- Detail-oriented with good time management skills.
- Ability to prioritize in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to multi-task / change task on short notice.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Willingness to work long and irregular hours in a fast-paced campaign environment.
Terms and Conditions
The position is covered by the COPE 343 Collective Agreement and falls under the category of fundraising and development clerk.
The Ontario NDP supports employment equity. Racialized workers, women, Aboriginal workers, LGBTQTS workers, young workers, Francophone workers, and workers with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
The deadline to apply is 5:00 pm (EST) on Wednesday, July 31st, 2019. Applications should include a cover letter clearly outlining relevant experience, along with a resume and relevant references, and should be sent by e-mail to the attention of Oliver Paré, Head of Engagement at email@example.com. Please include the job title in the subject line.
Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.