Ontario NDP: Outreach Officer (Mat leave Replacement)
Applications Due by: June 26, 2020
Objective: To assist the Leader and Caucus Members in carrying out their public, parliamentary, party and caucus responsibilities by providing advice and information strategic issues of concern.
Outreach office will work closely with Research and Tour ensuring full coordination between the two groups and successful communication of the policies and priorities of Caucus
TASK, DUTIES, AND EXPECTATIONS:
- Outreach assignments as directed by the Director of Outreach.
- Maintaining contact with and becoming thoroughly knowledgeable about political, community and stakeholder organizations and issues through a regular gathering of research from media, community, government, stakeholders and other sources.
- Developing, maintaining and monitoring files on government programs, stakeholder organizations and their concerns, general issues, events, and other matters of importance within assigned policy areas.
- Providing information and political analysis and advice to Caucus and Director of Outreach.
- Generating ideas for effective, targeted political action to advance Caucus strategic goals.
- Preparing a variety of reports, presentations, briefings, analysis specific to research for various audiences.
- Other related duties as required.
- Knowledge appropriate to the position, of the Ontario NDP Caucus, the Ontario government and the working of the Legislature.
- At least one year of recent experience in research, outreach and public relations skills.
- Strong political judgment and the ability to perceive and pursue new angles and political opportunities in the daily flood of information.
- Ability to write succinctly and quickly.
- Proven ability to work energetically without supervision, provide leadership skills, produce accurate and effective work according to tight deadlines, and maintain organized records.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, ability to work with the public, ability to work under pressure, excellent computer and office organization skills.
- Understanding and knowledge of ethnocultural and racialized organizations and community
- Proficient ability to read, write, and speak Punjabi, Urdu, Gujarati, and/or Arabic would be an asset
- Demonstrated ability to work with a wide range of communities
- Superior organizational skills
- Experience in events management and/or media event planning required
- Ability to produce accurate and effective work under tight deadlines and under pressure
- Second language skills preferred
- Familiarity with equity, anti-racism and anti-oppression policy frameworks
- Experience in NDP organizations, ethnocultural organizations or labour organizations would be an asset
- Enthusiasm for and availability to travel and work irregular hours including weekends is essential
The NDP Caucus is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodations for job applicants with disabilities are available on request.
Please apply on this link https://ndp.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=15 by June 26, 2020
Thank you for your application. Please note, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.