Posting Date: January 20, 2023
Start Date: As soon as possible
EXTERNAL - Full-Time, Permanent
Are you a progressive organizer with fundraising experience, or a professional fundraiser who wants to make a real difference in Ontario?
This is an opportunity to help build the development program that can take on Doug Ford’s Conservatives and win the 2026 election. We are looking for an energetic, organized and results-oriented individual to work on the Ontario NDP’s fundraising team to identify new support, raise funds, and engage more and more supporters in the run-up to the next election.
The Development Specialist will report to the Provincial Director as part of the Fundraising Department.
- Create strategies for recurring donor acquisition, development, and stewardship.
- Serve as a primary contact for all recurring donors.
- Work with the fundraising team towards building and achieving fundraising targets and the development of annual marketing plan geared towards this constituency.
- Liaise with stakeholders and coordinate campaigns with allied organizations.
- Coordinate and implement the donor stewardship strategy and plans.
- Support the work of the fundraising department, including the events, major donor, riding, direct mail, digital, and phone banking programs.
- Analyze donor data and trends, generate reports from the donor database and prepare reports.
- Work with the Administrative Support Officer to manage the donor database and to handle administrative aspects of donor relations.
- Organize events from planning to execution and reporting.
- Assist Digital Team in all aspects of Digital fundraising, including writing, building and sending fundraising emails.
- Write, design and edit engaging content.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 2-4 years of experience in fundraising and stewardship, with a demonstrated ability to exceed goals and build program capacity.
- Experience in a professional role dedicated to stakeholder relations.
- Exceptional written communication skills - and a unique and personal writing style.
- Experience working on digital fundraising campaigns, including online stewardship, supporter data acquisition, and email fundraising.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and organizational skills.
- Detail-oriented with good time management skills.
- Ability to prioritize in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to multi-task / change task on short notice.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- A track record developing fundraising plans and meeting objectives.
- Fundraising database experience including Raiser's Edge is critical.
- Demonstrated success in the identification, evaluation, cultivation, stewardship and solicitation of monthly and major gifts.
- Experience creating and developing briefing notes and associated fundraising proposals and correspondence.
- Flexibility to work some evenings/weekends as required.
- Recognized professional fundraising certification or equivalent considered an asset.
- Experience with the NDP, labour or progressive organizations campaigns an asset.
- Consideration may be given to an equivalent combination of education and experience.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT
The position is covered by the COPE 343 Collective Agreement and falls under the Tier 3 category. The salary for this position is between $46,988.08 to $55,247.57 based on experience.
APPLICATION GUIDELINES & PROCEDURE
The ONDP actively promotes employment equity. Women, Black, Indigenous, and people of colour, persons with disabilities, 2SLGBTQI+, and anyone from equity seeking groups are strongly encouraged to apply for this position and qualified applicants from these groups will be given preference. If you are a member of an equity-seeking group, you may choose to identify as such in your application. We are committed to an environment that is barrier free.
If you require accommodation at any stage during the hiring process, please do not hesitate to contact Danielle Ouellette at email@example.com to arrange appropriate accommodation.
Applications should include a cover letter clearly outlining relevant experience, along with a resume and relevant references, and should be sent by e-mail to the attention of Oliver Paré, Head of Engagement at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the job title in the subject line.
Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Application deadline for external applicants: 5:00 pm (EST) Thursday, February 23 , 2023.